Well… it’s 2012 (Happy New Year!)… and I didn’t exactly manage to make any resolutions. (Maybe I should make a resolution to make resolutions for next year… or maybe not). I have some vague ideas of things I want to do more of or less of, haven’t quite formulated them into anything specific. But then I think last year I only had the vague ideas as well and 2011 turned out quite good overall, so maybe 2012 will too. (It’s already off to the best start to a year that I can remember).
The serious stuff:
- Set goals for myself and track where I am with them. I started to do this in the second half of 2011 but I think it’s time to step it up a gear. It’s one of the best ways I’ve found to combat my terror of time passing while I waste it doing nothing.
- Meditate regularly. It clears my head, which it is often sorely in need of. Again I started this already but should make sure I keep it up.
- Lose the weight that I gained in the last few months. Back in summer I was nearly down to my target weight and was the lightest I’d been in nearly 10 years, but then I drifted away from the WeightWatchers plan. I should get back to it. I should also cook more decent food instead of eating junk.
- Stop trying to please people who just aren’t worth it. This was pointless to begin with but it’s even more pointless now that I’ve got all these awesome people who are worth it in my life :).
And now that’s out of the way, on with
The fun stuff:
- More piano playing. I’ve really enjoyed getting back to this and learning some more challenging pieces. I got a Chopin Preludes and Etudes book for Christmas so that should keep me busy for a while. (And I’m still ploughing on with Bach’s Fugue in A minor. Still finding it rewarding but doubtful I’ll ever be able to play it well enough to share it with anyone else).
- Get back into dancing. I haven’t been in what feels like aaaaages. Will have to return to the New Scotland classes when they restart. And definitely must go to IVFDF again this year. It’s only in Aberdeen so there’s really no excuse.
- More walking and photography.
- More creativity. I’ve got more things I want to write about here, and more computery sort of projects I want to do. I’m planning to write about some of them very soon…
- Go to more gigs, and hopefully a music festival. I was a bit worried that at my advanced age I wouldn’t find anyone to go to a festival with, but then a few days ago on MSN I randomly had a conversation that went something like this: “We’re thinking of going to a music festival this year”, “Oh cool, can I come?”, “Sure!” – so it seems it might fall into place without me really doing anything, which is always nice. I also want to go see Belle and Sebastian and MGMT, now that I’ve got Evanescence ticked off (yep, as I’ve mentioned before, I have strange tastes).
I think that’s enough for now 🙂